Resetting Power Window AUTO Function – Navigator Expedition
Resetting directions/tips for the driver’s power window AUTO function
Many automatic power window systems have to be reset after the window motor has been replaced. After PW (Power Window) motor or regulator replacement on some cars the window may go up and then go right back down. All the manufacturers have different resetting procedures and initializing sometimes even varies for different models made by the same manufacturer. On the 2005 Lincoln Navigator and Ford Expeditions the procedure to initialize or reset the driver’s automatic power window is the same.
After replacing the driver’s side power window motor, the Auto function did not work. Resetting it is simple after you’ve done it once. But the first time I reset the auto function on the Navigator it took longer to reset it, than it took to replace the window motor itself. The window worked normally in the manual mode but the AUTO function didn’t work.
Ford calls the resetting process for the AUTO function on the Ford Expedition and the Lincoln Navigator – Initializing. To initialize the Auto function follow the steps below.
1. Begin with the driver’s DOOR OPEN and the ignition switch OFF.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position without starting the vehicle.
3. Push the AUTO power window momentarily six times, it doesn’t matter up or down.
4. Turn the ignition switch OFF with the door still OPEN
5. Again, push the AUTO power window momentarily six times, it doesn’t matter up or down.
6. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and the close the door. If the steps were followed properly the driver’s window will move slightly up and down telling you it has entered the INITIALIZATION mode.
7. HOLD the switch in the UP position until the window completely stops all the way up.
8. Press and release the driver’s switch DOWN. The window should go all the way down automatically.
9. Finally HOLD the button in the UP position until the window has a slight up and down motion indicating the process is complete.
The auto function should be working properly after following these steps, if not follow the steps over again. You gotta love Ford.
5 Comments »